Troubleshooting: CRS fails to start
All cluster nodes are up, but CRS is still not able to start.
Restart OHAS and CRS services using the following command:
systemctl restart oracle-ohasd
Cause of the problem
CRS may get stuck in a failed state, unable to open OCR, if during CRS start one or more GRID disk group disks are offline. This is likely to happen in one of the following scenarios:
- Manual start of CRS after the entire cluster was down and while one of the other nodes is still down
- While CRS is starting on one of the nodes, another node is rebooted or stopped.
How to prevent the problem
- Do not start CRS manually while any other node is down. If CRS autostart is enabled then CRS will start automatically after all nodes are up.
- Always use
flashgrid-node reboot command for rebooting a node.
- Do not reboot more than one node at a time. You can reboot a node only after all other nodes are up, CRS is running, and all disks are online.
- If you need to reboot the entire cluster, do not reboot the nodes simultaneously. Instead, stop all nodes and then start all nodes.